When life hands you lemons... Picture by CW

Thursday, March 26, 2015

Grilled Cheese and Tomato Soup

You ever have one of those days? Days when you close the doors of your house, where you step back and wonder how do you begin to really understand why? The pressure from life weighs so heavy upon your tired shoulders that the only thing you can do is cry. The news from the day has you overwhelmed. News that someone you knew died unexpectedly, that two beautiful souls are struggling with health issues, that your mother is aging and you see that more than ever each passing day,which is scary as hell. The news on the wire of needless death, dying, hatred, and anger. It grows in your soul, pulling you in to that dark place that you've struggled so hard to not travel again. 

Those overwhelming days when you just want to go back. Back to when things were so simple. A scraped knee could have a band-aid and a kiss on your head to make everything alright. When a grilled cheese sandwich and tomato soup soothed your soul. That everything will be alright.

I pray for the family and friends of a woman who was a friend to many within the Stanley community. I pray for my beautiful friends and their health struggles. I pray my mom knows how much I love her and wish I could turn back the clock. I pray for the souls that have been lost.

Sadly, eating a grilled cheese and tomato soup tonight did not bring back the feelings of yesterday as a child, that everything will be okay when you wipe the last drops of soup from your chin. 

Tomorrow is another day, tomorrow I will try again.























.